Are you a home baker or cooking enthusiast looking to upgrade your kitchen appliances? A stand mixer is an essential tool that can make your baking and cooking experiences much more enjoyable. With so many options on the market, it can be challenging to choose the right one for your needs and budget. In this article, we will reveal the best stand mixers of 2023 for every budget.
Who Needs a Stand Mixer?
A stand mixer is an ideal appliance for anyone who enjoys baking or cooking regularly. It can save you time and effort by mixing ingredients thoroughly and uniformly. Stand mixers come with various attachments, such as dough hooks, beaters, and whisks, making them versatile for different tasks. If you are passionate about baking, a stand mixer is a must-have in your kitchen.
What Should You Consider When Choosing a Stand Mixer?
Before investing in a stand mixer, there are several factors to consider, such as:
- Power: The higher the wattage, the more powerful the mixer. Look for a mixer with at least 400 watts of power.
- Capacity: Consider the size of the bowl and how much batter or dough you typically make.
- Speeds: Look for a mixer with multiple speed settings for versatility.
- Attachments: Check if the mixer comes with enough attachments, such as dough hooks, beaters, and whisks, to suit your needs.
- Brand reputation: Choose a reputable brand known for producing quality appliances.
When Should You Use a Stand Mixer
You can use a stand mixer for various tasks, such as:
- Mixing cake batters
- Kneading dough for bread or pizza
- Whipping cream or egg whites
- Making pizza or pasta dough
- Mixing meatloaf or meatballs
How To Use a Stand Mixer?
Using a stand mixer is easy, follow these simple steps:
- Assemble the bowl and attachments
- Plug in the mixer and select the desired speed
- Add the ingredients to the bowl
- Turn on the mixer and let it mix the ingredients thoroughly
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed
- Continue mixing until the batter or dough is uniform
Pros and Cons of Stand Mixers
- Saves time and effort
- Versatile with various attachments
- Mixes ingredients uniformly
- Can handle large quantities of batter or dough
- Ideal for heavy-duty tasks
- Expensive upfront cost
- Heavy and bulky to store
- Requires counter space
- Some models may be loud or generate heat
- May not be suitable for small tasks
Alternatives to Stand Mixers
If you are on a tight budget or do not have enough counter space, here are some alternatives to stand mixers:
- Hand mixers: Cheaper and more compact, but may not be ideal for heavy-duty tasks.
- Food processors: Can mix dough and other ingredients, but may not be as versatile.
- Immersion blenders: Good for small tasks like making smoothies or pureeing soup.
Step by Step Guide to Choosing a Stand Mixer
- Determine your budget
- Consider your needs and preferences
- Research reputable brands and read reviews
- Check the wattage, capacity, speeds, and attachments
- Compare prices and features
- Choose the best stand mixer for your needs and budget
Tips for Using a Stand Mixer
- Always start on low speed and gradually increase it
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically
- Do not overload the mixer beyond its capacity
- Clean the attachments and bowl thoroughly after each use
- Store the mixer and attachments in a dry and cool place
The Best Stand Mixers of 2023
Now that you know what to look for, here are the best stand mixers of 2023 for every budget:
|Low-end||Hamilton Beach 63390||300 watts, 4-quart bowl, 7 speeds|
|Mid-range||KitchenAid Artisan Series||325 watts, 5-quart bowl, 10 speeds|
|High-end||Breville BEM825BAL||1000 watts, 5.5-quart bowl, 12 speeds|
Compare Stand Mixers
Here is a comparison table of the three best stand mixers:
|Feature||Hamilton Beach 63390||KitchenAid Artisan Series||Breville BEM825BAL|
|Bowl size||4 quarts||5 quarts||5.5 quarts|
|Attachments||Dough hook, whisk, and flat beater||Dough hook, wire whip, and flat beater||Scraper beater, dough hook, wire whip, and flat beater|
|Additional features||Tilt-head design for easy bowl access||Multiple color options, pour shield included||Timer, LCD display, load sensing technology|
The Best Stand Mixer for Your Budget
- Hamilton Beach 63390 – This low-end stand mixer is perfect for those on a tight budget. It has 300 watts of power, a 4-quart bowl, and seven speeds to choose from. It comes with a dough hook, whisk, and flat beater attachment. It’s an excellent option for occasional baking tasks.
- KitchenAid Artisan Series – This mid-range stand mixer is ideal for home bakers looking for a reliable and versatile appliance. It has 325 watts of power, a 5-quart bowl, and ten speeds to choose from. It comes with a dough hook, wire whip, and flat beater attachment. It also has a tilt-head design for easy bowl access and multiple color options to match your kitchen decor.
- Breville BEM825BAL – This high-end stand mixer is perfect for serious home bakers who need a powerful and feature-rich appliance. It has 1000 watts of power, a 5.5-quart bowl, and twelve speeds to choose from. It comes with a scraper beater, dough hook, wire whip, and flat beater attachment. It also has a timer, LCD display, and load sensing technology that adjusts the motor speed based on the amount of batter or dough in the bowl.
Investing in a stand mixer can make your baking and cooking experiences much more enjoyable and efficient. When choosing a stand mixer, consider factors such as power, capacity, speeds, attachments, and brand reputation. Alternatives to stand mixers include hand mixers, food processors, and immersion blenders. Remember to follow tips for using a stand mixer, clean it thoroughly after each use, and store it in a dry and cool place. The best stand mixers of 2023 for every budget are the Hamilton Beach 63390, KitchenAid Artisan Series, and Breville BEM825BAL.
- What is the average lifespan of a stand mixer?
- A stand mixer can last up to 10 years with proper care and maintenance.
- Can I use a stand mixer for tasks other than baking?
- Yes, you can use a stand mixer for various tasks, such as making meatballs or mixing pasta dough.
- Should I choose a stand mixer with a tilt-head or bowl-lift design?
- It depends on your preference and needs. Tilt-head models offer easy bowl access, while bowl-lift models are better for heavy-duty tasks.
- Can I wash the attachments and bowl in the dishwasher?
- It depends on the manufacturer’s instructions. Some attachments and bowls are dishwasher safe, while others should be hand washed.
- Can I use attachments from different brands with my stand mixer?
- It depends on the model and brand. Always check the compatibility before using attachments from different brands.